Descendants of Thomas Ingram
Thomas Ingram was born about 1779 in Tyrone County, Ireland and died
1865 in Chartiers Twp., Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. He married
Alice (?) who was born about 1780 in Pennsylvania, and died about
Thomas Ingram and his family immigrated from Ireland to
Pennsylvania. In 1823 he purchased land in Pennsylvania, part of the
Mt. Pleasant Tract of General Hand's Patent, encompassing most of
what in now Ingram, PA
The first Ingram home was a stone farmhouse, located near what
became the Ingram Car Barn. Later they built a beautiful Victorian
home on Prospect Avenue. Another Ingram property was the large
square frame house on Ingram Avenue near the Thornburg Bridge.
Thomas and Alice Ingram had ten children:
1. Hannah Ingram was born about 1808, in Tyrone, Ireland and died 23
October 1887, at Ingram Station, Chartiers Twp., Allegheny Co.,
2. Nathaniel Ingram was born about 1810, in Tyrone, Ireland and died
3. Edward Ingram, b. Abt. 1823, Tyrone, Ireland; d. 24 May 1877,
Chartiers Twp., Allegheny County, PA.
4. Elizabeth "Eliza" Ingram was born about 1825 and died 23 December
1879, Chartiers Twp., Allegheny County, PA
5. Ann Jane Ingram, was born in Pennsylvania and died Bet. 1855 -
6. Alice Hamilton Ingram died after. 1863.
7. Henry Ingram
8. Arthur Ingram
9. James Ingram
10. Thomas Ingram
The third child of Thomas and Alice Ingram, Edward Ingram, was
born about1823 in Tyrone, Ireland, and died 24 May 1877 in Chartiers
Twp., Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. He married Sarah Arthurs in
1853, daughter of William and Rachel Arthurs. She was born about 1825
in Minersville, 13th Ward, Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania, and died 09
June 1905 in Ingram, Chartiers Twp., Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Edward Ingram came to America with his father and settled in
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in what is now Ingram. He built his
home there in 1818. In 1880 he and his son Thomas A. Ingram opened
up the land his grandfather had purchased in Chartiers Township for
By 1889 there were about 17 houses in the settlement. The area
became for many a refuge from the City of Pittsburgh and prospered
with the addition of "Ingram Station", a railroad staion named after
the Ingram family. In 1902 the area became incorporated as the
Borough of Ingram.